Raw, Vegan, Apple Crumble Pie
This dessert is insanely delicious, fresh, fast and easy to make, and requires no baking. Instead of refined sugars, it uses dates for sweetness and a little bit of pure maple syrup (or any other sweetener you like), along with cinnamon for that extra zing. This is a wonderful way to finish off a warm summer night.
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dates (soaked)
- 2 apples, diced
- 5 dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 dates, chopped
To Make The Crust
- Line a 6 - 8" pie plate with parchment paper.
- Add the sunflower seeds, walnuts and coconut flakes into your food processor and process them until they break down into crumbs.
- Then add your dates (previously soaked and drained) and process them into the crumbs. Add a splash of water only if the mixture is dry. It should stick together easily, but shouldn’t be wet.
- Transfer the crust mixture to your prepared plate and press it in firmly.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to harden.
To Make The Crumble Topping
- Blend the walnuts and dates in a food processor to make crumbly nuggets. Spoon into a small bowl and set aside.
For The Applesauce Filling
- Blend all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor until smooth. The lemon juice is optional, depending on how sweet your apples are and whether you prefer a tangy taste.
- Pour the filling into the crust, add the crumble topping, and cover it with plastic wrap or foil and allow it to set for at least 8 hours in the freezer.
- Remove it from freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!