Raw Vegetable Juice Pulp Crackers - Leftovers Put To Good Use! (Recipe)
Avid juicer but hate wasting all of your pulp? There's many ways to use your pulp. This one is a favorite of ours!
- 2 1/2 cups leftover vegetable pulp
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 large chilli, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all above ingredients in a food processor until the mixture resembles a tacky dough.
- Spread the mixture over the sheets of a dehydrator and using a rolling pin, roll to about 3-4mm thickness (it may help to use baking paper between the mixture and your rolling pin).
- Dehydrate at 41 degrees C for approximately 4 hours.
- Remove, score lines on the surface to your desired cracker shape, then carefully flip the sheets over.
- Place back into dehydrator for approximately 8 hours, or longer if you like them extra crunchy.
- Remove, break along the scored lines. Store in an airtight container in the pantry.
* If you don't have a dehydrator, an oven on 50 degrees Celsius will produce a similar result.
Be the first to know when enrollment reopens for the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program. Join the waitlist here.