Rice Paper Rolls (Recipe)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- handful snow pea sprouts
- handful of mint
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/4 red cabbage, julienned
- rice paper rolls, round
- 1 tbsp tamari
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 dried chilli, deseeded and crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
What to do
- In a round pie plate that's bigger than the wrappers, add enough hot water to come half way up the side.
- Working with one at a time, submerge the spring roll wrapper in the water for 10-30 seconds until soft and pliable but not torn.
- Lay the wrapper on a large piece of parchment or chopping board.
- Arrange ingredients on top of each other leaving at least an inch on the sides (the fresh ingredients should be no longer than 3 inches).
- Bring the bottom of the wrapper up and over the pile and begin to roll gently, making sure you get it tight but don't tear the delicate wrapper.
- Tuck the ends in as you go.
- Set aside until all rolls have been assembled.
- Mix together your dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- Cut in half and serve with dipping sauces.
What Ingredients Would You Add To your Rice Paper Rolls?