Rice Paper Rolls (Recipe)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- handful snow pea sprouts
- handful of mint
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/4 red cabbage, julienned
- rice paper rolls, round
- 1 tbsp tamari
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 dried chilli, deseeded and crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
What to do
- In a round pie plate that's bigger than the wrappers, add enough hot water to come half way up the side.
- Working with one at a time, submerge the spring roll wrapper in the water for 10-30 seconds until soft and pliable but not torn.
- Lay the wrapper on a large piece of parchment or chopping board.
- Arrange ingredients on top of each other leaving at least an inch on the sides (the fresh ingredients should be no longer than 3 inches).
- Bring the bottom of the wrapper up and over the pile and begin to roll gently, making sure you get it tight but don't tear the delicate wrapper.
- Tuck the ends in as you go.
- Set aside until all rolls have been assembled.
- Mix together your dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- Cut in half and serve with dipping sauces.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!