Rice Paper Rolls with Tamari Dipping Sauce
Simple, summery rolls are a staple for any day of the week. Whether it's a shared lunch for close friends or a meal put together after a long day at work, a few vegetables and this delightful dipping sauce are all you need.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup snow peas, topped and tailed, cut into matchsticks
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Wash and prepare vegetables. Set aside on a plate ready for rolling.
- Mix together your dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl or baking dish large enough to dip your rice paper wrappers in with room temperature water.
- Working with one at a time, submerge 1 rice paper wrapper in the water for 10 - 30 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Lay the wrapper on a large piece of parchment paper or on a chopping board.
- Arrange ingredients on top of each other, leaving at least an inch on the sides (the fresh ingredients should be no longer than 3 inches).
- Bring the bottom of the wrapper up and over the pile and begin to roll gently, making sure you don't tear the delicate wrapper. Tuck the ends in as you go. Set each roll aside until all rolls have been assembled.
- Cut in half and serve with dipping sauce.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!