Roast Kumara & Chickpea Salad With Almond 'Parmesan' Cheese
Make your own dairy-free 'parmesan cheese'! So simple, and it adds delicious flavor to any salad.
For The Almond Parmesan Cheese...
- 1/2 cup activated almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until crumble forms.
For The Salad...
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (400g tin), drained and rinsed well
- 1 large kumara (sweet potato), diced into 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (omit if vegetarian or vegan)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
For The Dressing…
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- pinch of fine sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Toss together all salad ingredients, sprinkle with almond parmesan and top with dressing!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!