Roast Kumara & Chickpea Salad With Almond 'Parmesan' Cheese
Make your own dairy-free 'parmesan cheese'! So simple, and it adds delicious flavor to any salad.
For The Almond Parmesan Cheese...
- 1/2 cup activated almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until crumble forms.
For The Salad...
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (400g tin), drained and rinsed well
- 1 large kumara (sweet potato), diced into 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (omit if vegetarian or vegan)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
For The Dressing…
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- pinch of fine sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Toss together all salad ingredients, sprinkle with almond parmesan and top with dressing!
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.