Rosemary & Sea Salt Cassava Crackers
Making your own crackers at home is easier than you think. All you need is one bowl, five ingredients, and 30 minutes of your time. You’ll be impressed with the crunchy product you end up with, which is perfect for dipping.
Yield: 15 to 18 crackers
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for rolling out dough
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the cassava flour, salt, and rosemary.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and add the oil. Gradually add in 2 tablespoons water, adding more as necessary. You want the mixture to be combined well but sticky enough to create a doughlike consistency.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 to 30 minutes. This will allow the dough to firm up and make it easier to handle.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your work surface and coat your hands in a small amount of olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Scoop out the dough and flatten it on the parchment paper. Using a rolling pin or glass bottle, roll the dough as thinly as possible. Don’t worry if it cracks a bit.
- Place the rolled-out dough on the lined baking tray. Brush the dough with a little extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it becomes golden and crisp.
- Allow it to cool, then break into cracker pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.