Salmon and Broccoli Bowl
This delicious salmon recipe is bursting with flavor. Packed full of healthy fats, it makes a perfect midweek meal.
- 1 small turnip, peeled and diced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tin salmon in springwater or 100g (3 ½ oz) fresh salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
- 125ml (4 fl oz/ ½ cup) almond or coconut milk
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Cook the turnip and broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
If using fresh salmon, put the salmon in a small frying pan over medium heat and pour over the almond milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 7 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked.
Place the salmon, with the almond milk it was cooked in, and the cooked vegetables in a food processor and pulse to your desired consistency. If you prefer a smoother consistency, add more almond milk. If you prefer a chunkier version, omit the processing step and simply mix everything together in a bowl. Serve with a grind of black pepper.