Savory Gluten-Free Muffins (Recipe)
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or a quick and easy dinner! Make these delicious savory muffins in advance, keep in the freezer and just reheat when you need them!
Tapioca flour is derived from the cassava plant, which is a sticky root vegetable, making it hold some great binding properties. Baking with Tapioca is becoming more common with the Paleo movement as it helps give baked goods a better texture. In this recipe we have combined with flaxseed meal and coconut flour to create a paleo friendly combination, and a great nut-free version of savory muffins.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchini's)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Small handful of chopped herbs or 1-2 tsps dried herbs (pick your fav)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp baking powder
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 °F ( 175 °C)
- Grease a medium muffin tray (6) with coconut oil.
- Grate zucchini's, using your hand squeeze out any excess liquid and add to a mixing bowl.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, pepitas and garlic in a blender and blend until well combined. Transfer to mixing bowl with grated zucchini.
- Add eggs, flaxseed meal, tapioca, herbs, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Combine all ingredients well and divide mixture evenly between muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .