Smashed Avo With Quinoa & Sauteed Greens
Protein, healthy fats and slow-releasing carbohydrates make this an excellent breakfast!
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- Handful cilantro (coriander)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach or chard
- 1 handful soft herbs (parsley, mint, basil)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil or butter in the pan and toss in the greens. Saute on a medium heat until soft.
- In a bowl mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, cayenne, lemon and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked quinoa in with the greens to heat slightly. To serve, place the greens and quinoa mix on the plate and top with the smashed avo.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!