Spaghetti Squash Pasta With Super Green Kale & Broccoli Pesto
Roasted spaghetti squash makes the best pasta alternative! Try it with our super green kale and broccoli pesto - packed with extra greens to give your body a nice big boost of nutrients!
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash, sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for cooking
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
Super Green Kale and Broccoli Pesto
- 1 bunch of basil
- 4-5 kale leaves
- ½ head of broccoli
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place spaghetti squash on a lined baking tray and drizzle a little oil over the halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place face up on lined baking tray and roast in the oven until tender. About 25-45 minutes depending on the size of your squash. You can test it to see if it's ready by scraping the flesh with a fork (it should turn to spaghetti-like strands)
- While squash roasts, prepare the pesto by combining all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add more oil if necessary.
- Once squash is roasted, remove from oven and using a fork, scrape out seeds then continue to scrape the flesh to create “noodles”. Save the "noodles" in a large bowl.
- In this large bowl, combine the squash "noodles" with the kale and broccoli pesto, top with extra walnuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.