Spaghetti Squash Pasta With Super Green Kale & Broccoli Pesto
Roasted spaghetti squash makes the best pasta alternative! Try it with our super green kale and broccoli pesto - packed with extra greens to give your body a nice big boost of nutrients!
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash, sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for cooking
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
Super Green Kale and Broccoli Pesto
- 1 bunch of basil
- 4-5 kale leaves
- ½ head of broccoli
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place spaghetti squash on a lined baking tray and drizzle a little oil over the halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place face up on lined baking tray and roast in the oven until tender. About 25-45 minutes depending on the size of your squash. You can test it to see if it's ready by scraping the flesh with a fork (it should turn to spaghetti-like strands)
- While squash roasts, prepare the pesto by combining all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add more oil if necessary.
- Once squash is roasted, remove from oven and using a fork, scrape out seeds then continue to scrape the flesh to create “noodles”. Save the "noodles" in a large bowl.
- In this large bowl, combine the squash "noodles" with the kale and broccoli pesto, top with extra walnuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!