Spiced Caramelized Bananas With Coconut Yogurt
ere is something about caramelized bananas! The flavor of the bananas just transforms.
Eat them by themselves, add them to your oats or maybe even serve them up with some coconut ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 2 bananas, cut length way
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or less, depending on how sweet you want them)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or fresh vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 star anise
- 1 cup coconut yogurt to serve
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine, maple & spices and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add banana halves, flat side down and cook until golden brown. While cooking, drizzle some of the syrup from the pan over the bananas.
- Serve with fresh coconut yogurt and drizzle with spiced syrup from the pan.