Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad (Recipe)
The perfect combination of spice combined in one nourishing salad bursting with the sweetness of saltanas. There is something so soothing about a warming salad in these cooler months. But don't save this recipe just for the cold months, it makes the most perfect cooled lunch as well.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 carrots
- 1 tbs honey
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sultanas/raisins
- Start by rinsing your quinoa under water for 30 seconds.
- Strain and add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water and spices.
- Season with a little salt and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and cook covered for 12 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, ribbon your carrots and combine in a large bowl with honey, lemon and olive oil.
- Toss all ingredients together and let cool or eat warm.
- This can be stored in the fridge, covered and would make a great work lunch also!
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.