Sticky Date Pudding Breakfast Oats
Your morning just got a whole lot better with Jessica Sepel's Sticky Date Pudding Breakfast Oats!
PREP 10 MINUTES
COOK 15 MINUTES
- 50 g (1⁄2 cup) rolled oats
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) nut milk
- 4 large fresh Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, to serve
- pure maple syrup, to serve
- Place the oats, milk, half the dates, tahini and 185 ml (3⁄4 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting possible and cook for 12–15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if needed, until the oats are soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl. Top with the yogurt, remaining dates, and extra tahini. Serve warm with a little drizzle of maple syrup.
The 12 Step Mind-Body-Food Reset by Jessica Sepel, Published by Macmillan Australia, Photography by Jeremy Simons.
Never miss a moment in nutrition news with Food Matters’ latest articles.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!