Sticky Date Pudding Breakfast Oats
Your morning just got a whole lot better with Jessica Sepel's Sticky Date Pudding Breakfast Oats!
PREP 10 MINUTES
COOK 15 MINUTES
- 50 g (1⁄2 cup) rolled oats
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) nut milk
- 4 large fresh Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, to serve
- pure maple syrup, to serve
- Place the oats, milk, half the dates, tahini and 185 ml (3⁄4 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting possible and cook for 12–15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if needed, until the oats are soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl. Top with the yogurt, remaining dates, and extra tahini. Serve warm with a little drizzle of maple syrup.
The 12 Step Mind-Body-Food Reset by Jessica Sepel, Published by Macmillan Australia, Photography by Jeremy Simons.
Never miss a moment in nutrition news with Food Matters’ latest articles.