Super Green Pepita Pesto (Recipe)
Sneak those extra greens into your families diet without them even knowing!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves picked and stems discarded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
What to do
- Heat a frypan to medium heat. Place pepitas into frypan and stir periodically for at least five minutes, or until the pepitas start to brown and ‘pop’.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz to form a rustic paste. It’s that easy!