Sweet Lemon Thyme Roasted Carrots
Heirloom carrots are probably one of my favorite sights when gathering seasonal produce. I love their spirally little bottom roots like tendrils, luscious green tops and the remarkable amount of color they can add to a dish. They’re such a treat to roast, and this recipe preserves their full form and flavor, elevating them with caramelized rice malt syrup. This is the perfect dish for a shared table at a gathering.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 90 g (3 1/4 oz/ 1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 lemon thyme sprigs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) heirloom or baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Combine all the ingredients except the carrots in a small bowl and stir well.
- Spread out the carrots in a large roasting tin, drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Roast for 25–30 minutes, until the carrots are cooked through.