Sweet Lemon Thyme Roasted Carrots
Heirloom carrots are probably one of my favorite sights when gathering seasonal produce. I love their spirally little bottom roots like tendrils, luscious green tops and the remarkable amount of color they can add to a dish. They’re such a treat to roast, and this recipe preserves their full form and flavor, elevating them with caramelized rice malt syrup. This is the perfect dish for a shared table at a gathering.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 90 g (3 1/4 oz/ 1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 lemon thyme sprigs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) heirloom or baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Combine all the ingredients except the carrots in a small bowl and stir well.
- Spread out the carrots in a large roasting tin, drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Roast for 25–30 minutes, until the carrots are cooked through.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!