Our 'Tacoless' Taco may be short of a taco but it still packs a punch with fresh, zesty Mexican flavors that we can't get enough of!
We've ditched the mince and opted for grated sweet potato for a hearty filling. Topped with some of our favorite Mexican side dishes!
SWEET POTATO ‘MINCE’
Sweet potato mince spiced with cumin, chili, cayenne and zesty lime juice. This taco filling is super quick to put together!
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
AVOCADO LIME DRESSING
Because dressing is always a good idea, especially when it's packed with avo
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Water to thin (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
This is a salsa side, on superfood steroids! We've packed in more of the good stuff so you can get even more nutrients in from one simple dish. Plus, it still tastes amazing!
- ¼ cup turtle beans
- ¼ cup pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of lime
If you haven't tried pineapple salsa yet, you're missing out!
- 1/2 small fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 fresh chili, thinly sliced
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cos/romaine lettuce leaves
- For the sweet potato mince, heat a large pan over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic in 2 tbsp of the oil until the onions are cooked.
- Add the grated sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin and cayenne and cook for about 10 minutes. When the sweet potato is tender, add salt and pepper to taste and remove the filling from the heat. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the sweet potatoes, mix, taste, and adjust with more lime and salt, to taste.
- Place all dressing ingredients into the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix all Superfood Salsa ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix all Pineapple Salsa ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Prepare cos lettuce leaves by removing and rinsing leaves.
- Serve tacos with a scoop of sweet potato mix and top with avocado lime dressing, superfood salsa, and pineapple salsa.