Mid-week dinners don't need to be plain, take hours to prepare or require every dish in the kitchen to put the meal together! We love keeping it simple, but super flavorsome and colorful with stir-fries like this Tamarind & Ginger one!
Packed with flavor from the tamarind, ginger, tamari and cashews, but can easily be created using any ingredients you have on hand in the fridge!
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 large red chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, core removed and sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cashews, unsalted
- Brown rice noodles (optional) or rice to serve
- Have all of your veggies prepped and ready to stir fry quickly - This is the secret to a quick, but crispy fresh stirfry.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the oil, chilies, onions, garlic and pepper for 2 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the beans, capsicum, zucchini, broccoli and snow peas and stir-fry for another 4–5 minutes or until tender but still crispy and colorful.
- While this is cooking, prepare your brown rice noodles as per packet instructions.
- Toss through the tamari, ginger, tamarind paste and coconut sugar, tossing well to coat all vegetables.
- Toss through cooked brown rice noodles.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and cashews to serve.