Today we were lucky enough to get a special visit from one of our favorite cook book writers out there, Lee Holmes.
Lee is currently touring with her latest book ("Eat Clean, Green & Vegetarian") and reached out to see if we'd like a visit and for her to whip up a little something special for the team to taste.
Hmmmm... tough decision. Heck yes!
When we discovered a green smoothie was on the cards, our taste buds got excited! We quickly scooted off to the local organic store and started polishing the Vitamix. ;-)
This green smoothie recipe tastes just like mint choc chip ice cream sans-bloating and sugar-overload.
Thanks to Lee the FM team is soaring high with energy this afternoon.
MINT CHOC CHIP SMOOTHIE
- 1 peeled and frozen banana
- 1 bunch of English spinach leaves or frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup organic nut butter
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract (or vanilla pod)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- handful of ice (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients except the cacao nibs in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the cacao nibs and blend for another 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy the minty green delight!