There is something about the combination of pumpkin, a fragrant curry paste, and coconut milk! This Thai inspired pumpkin soup will warm you from the inside out. It's packed with nourishing ingredients!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1-2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ medium-sized Kent pumpkin (or swap with potatoes, sweet potato or any pumpkin variety that you may have)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans of coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 100g organic Tofu or Tempeh, chopped into cubes
- Anything you have for fresh veggie toppings: green onions, cilantro, basil, red or green cabbage, asparagus, baby kale, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, snap peas, bean sprouts - the options are endless!
Heat 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in a large saucepan or frypan over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the curry paste, turmeric, salt, and sugar.
Stir fry for another few minutes. Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth. Simmer until the pumpkin is cooked through.
Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth and silky.
Add more water or coconut milk if you want a thinner soup.
In a saucepan heat 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and add the tofu, stir-frying until light golden brown and crispy.
Serve up your soup, topped with any of your favorite veggies that you have on hand and some crispy tofu!