The No-Bake Carrot Cake
Layered lemon cashew cream and spiced carrot cake is a winner. No oven required! No dairy, gluten or refined sugar. Raw vegan, but still bursting with that carrot cake flavor and texture!
LEMON CASHEW FROSTING
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup - 1 cup coconut oil
- Blend together cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, adding filtered water until nice and smooth.
- With blender running, slowing pour in coconut oil.
- Let set in fridge for 30 mins for easy spreading while you make the carrot cake layer.
CARROT CAKE LAYER
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 large carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 cup currants
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- In the food processor, pulse the almonds, cashews, and half the coconut to a crumble. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In the large bowl, add almond meal, remaining coconut, grated carrot, currants, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and lemon zest to the nut crumble.
- In the food processor, pulse dates, sweetener and coconut oil.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture in the large bowl and mix together.
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with parchment paper.
- Remove the cashew cream from the fridge and begin to layer your cake, starting with the carrot cake mix. Smooth with the back of a spoon and add a layer of cashew cream. Smooth and place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add another layer. Continue until you have used all of the carrot cake and cashew cream.
- Replace in the freezer to set.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!