Throw Together Chicken Cacciatore
When all you want to do is wash up one dish after cooking dinner... Introducing one-pan wonders! We've taken the classic Chicken Cacciatore dish and thrown it together in one dish to bake and make dinner a breeze so you can enjoy more time winding down in the evenings!
Stay tuned for more one-pan wonders to come from Food Matters Kitchen!
- 1 can (400 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives, pitted
- 1-2 potatoes, cubed (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Greens to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- In an oven-proof dish of any size, empty tinned tomatoes. Add in tomato paste, garlic, rosemary and 3 tsp of the Italian herbs. Mix together in the oven-proof dish.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the tomato mixture, followed by cherry tomatoes, olives and cubed potato, if using.
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with lightly steamed greens.
Do you want to hear from some of the leading innovative minds in health and wellness? Tune into The Food Matters Podcast today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!