Throw Together Chicken Cacciatore
When all you want to do is wash up one dish after cooking dinner... Introducing one-pan wonders! We've taken the classic Chicken Cacciatore dish and thrown it together in one dish to bake and make dinner a breeze so you can enjoy more time winding down in the evenings!
Stay tuned for more one-pan wonders to come from Food Matters Kitchen!
- 1 can (400 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives, pitted
- 1-2 potatoes, cubed (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Greens to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- In an oven-proof dish of any size, empty tinned tomatoes. Add in tomato paste, garlic, rosemary and 3 tsp of the Italian herbs. Mix together in the oven-proof dish.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the tomato mixture, followed by cherry tomatoes, olives and cubed potato, if using.
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with lightly steamed greens.