Thumbprint Cookies With Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
These cookies are so simple to make, topped with a sweet raspberry chia seed jam.
RASPBERRY CHIA SEED JAM
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients together
- Pour mixture into a jar allowing chia seeds to absorb the liquid and thicken naturally. Store in air-tight jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine both the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls in the palm of your hand. Place on baking paper and gently press thumb in the center to create a well.
- Fill thumbprint with your chia seed jam, made earlier.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!