Thumbprint Cookies With Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
These cookies are so simple to make, topped with a sweet raspberry chia seed jam.
RASPBERRY CHIA SEED JAM
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients together
- Pour mixture into a jar allowing chia seeds to absorb the liquid and thicken naturally. Store in air-tight jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine both the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls in the palm of your hand. Place on baking paper and gently press thumb in the center to create a well.
- Fill thumbprint with your chia seed jam, made earlier.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.