Eggs and turmeric are a match made in heaven. Here's a simple way to enjoy a sprinkling of turmeric’s golden medicinal magic.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 4 free-range eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric, or to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Basil or mint leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the eggs and stir, then add the tamari, cumin and turmeric. Cook for about 3–4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast, tear the herbs over and serve.
Images and recipes from "Supercharge Your Gut" by Lee Holmes, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00. Photography by Steve Brown.