Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
Eggs and turmeric are a match made in heaven. Here's a simple way to enjoy a sprinkling of turmeric’s golden medicinal magic.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 4 free-range eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric , or to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Basil or mint leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the eggs and stir, then add the tamari, cumin and turmeric. Cook for about 3–4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast, tear the herbs over and serve.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!