How to Make Your Own Homemade Cashew Cream
This cashew cream is so simple and easy to prepare, and the perfect cheese alternative for those wanting to avoid dairy. It can add creaminess to nearly any dish, soup, dip, or sauce. It can be turned into a spread or dip in itself. It can even be made into a sweet icing for dessert, too!
Cashew cream is so much more than your substitute for dairy, mayo or dressing. Cashews help lower LDL and increase the carrying capacity for HDL. The nuts are rich in copper, zinc, magnesium, iron and phosphorous.
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight or a minimum of 30 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend cashews, water, and lemon in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- You may need to turn off your blender and scrape down the sides while processing.
- Blend it as smooth as you can.
- Add this to any of your meals or use this as a dip!
Soaking nuts, seeds and grains allows enzyme inhibitors to be released, making them easier to digest and enhances nutrient bio-availability. Soaking them also makes them easier to blend and results in a creamy consistency that is like milk. Most nuts generally require 7 to 12 hours or overnight of soaking time for optimal results. Discard the soaking water and thoroughly rinse with fresh water.
Get access to the entire Food Matters Film Library. Start watching here.