Upside Down Ginger And Pear Cake
When you think of an upside down cake, do you think of your Grandmother? We've 'healthified' one of Grandma's go-to recipes.
Still the sweet treat you remember, just a little bit less naughty!
CINNAMON GINGER SYRUP
- 1 tbsp honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp organic grassfed butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 pears, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups almond meal
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger, or 1-inch piece grated fresh
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) & line a springform cake tin.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, simmer cinnamon ginger syrup ingredients until melted together.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Create a "well" in the middle and add wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly with a mixing spoon.
- Pour cinnamon ginger syrup into lined cake tin and arrange sliced pears around the tin.
- Pour in the cake batter and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cake has cooled, flip out of tin and serve upside down!