Upside Down Ginger And Pear Cake
When you think of an upside down cake, do you think of your Grandmother? We've 'healthified' one of Grandma's go-to recipes.
Still the sweet treat you remember, just a little bit less naughty!
CINNAMON GINGER SYRUP
- 1 tbsp honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp organic grassfed butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 pears, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups almond meal
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger, or 1-inch piece grated fresh
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) & line a springform cake tin.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, simmer cinnamon ginger syrup ingredients until melted together.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Create a "well" in the middle and add wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly with a mixing spoon.
- Pour cinnamon ginger syrup into lined cake tin and arrange sliced pears around the tin.
- Pour in the cake batter and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cake has cooled, flip out of tin and serve upside down!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!