Vegan Baked Christmas Stuffing
Stuffing is a Christmas classic and this gluten-free recipe is one you can’t live without this Christmas. Plus it’s vegan! Bursting with the flavors of mushroom and thyme, it’s bound to be a hit with your guests.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 350g (12 oz) mixed wild mushrooms
- 400g (14 oz) closed cup or chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme
- 100g (3.5 oz) pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 bunch of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 25g (1 oz) dried porcini
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
Gluten Free Bread Crumb Topping
- ½ cup almond meal
- 100g (3.5 oz) pecans, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven 350ºF (180ºC).
- Sauté onion, garlic then add in mushrooms.
- Toss through cooked quinoa, thyme, chopped nuts, parsley, porcini.
- In small bowl, mix together almond meal, crushed pecans, nutritional yeast.
- Spread mushroom mixture in dish and top with almond crumb.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Discover how to eat your medicine to heal your gut, eliminate bloating, skin issues and hair loss as I share seven nutrition principles in this free masterclass. Running for a limited time only.