Vegan Baked Christmas Stuffing
Stuffing is a Christmas classic and this gluten-free recipe is one you can’t live without this Christmas. Plus it’s vegan! Bursting with the flavors of mushroom and thyme, it’s bound to be a hit with your guests.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 350g (12 oz) mixed wild mushrooms
- 400g (14 oz) closed cup or chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme
- 100g (3.5 oz) pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 bunch of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 25g (1 oz) dried porcini
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
Gluten Free Bread Crumb Topping
- ½ cup almond meal
- 100g (3.5 oz) pecans, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven 350ºF (180ºC).
- Sauté onion, garlic then add in mushrooms.
- Toss through cooked quinoa, thyme, chopped nuts, parsley, porcini.
- In small bowl, mix together almond meal, crushed pecans, nutritional yeast.
- Spread mushroom mixture in dish and top with almond crumb.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!