Vegan Cookies & Cream Ice-Cream
This vegan cookies and cream ice-cream is lick-the-bowl-delicious! Its creamy cashew and coconut base is laced with chewy cookies, perfect for all occasions.
RAW CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1 cup almond meal or hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine almond meal, raw cacao powder, shredded coconut, maple syrup and coconut oil in the food processor and process until well combined.
- Line surface with baking paper and roll out the cookie mixture.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut biscuits (using a small cookie cutter we were able to cut out 24 cookies). Tip: once you've rolled and cut, roll out remaining 'off-cuts' to get the most out of your cookie mix.
- Place your cut cookies into the freezer to set.
- Once set, chopped up into small pieces to be mixed through the vanilla ice-cream.
VEGAN VANILLA ICE-CREAM
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Before placing ice cream into the freezer, mix through your chopped up raw cookies.
- Place ice cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl and then into the freezer to set, stirring occasionally. Allow to set and eat with minimal guilt.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!