Gluten free and vegan mac and cheese? Go on. Loaded with cashew cream, nutritional yeast, and turmeric this recipe will truly mess with your definition of indulgent…
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain, gluten-free pasta
- 2 medium yams
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 to 4 peeled garlic cloves, as desired
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 1 cup water, as needed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Wash and peel the yams, then cut into ½-inch pieces and steam for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside a handful of pieces. Blend the rest of the yam with the remaining cheeze sauce ingredients until the mixture is smooth and thick enough to hold its shape, adding water as needed.
- Mix the cheesy sauce into your pasta along with the few pieces of yam you set aside, sprinkle on some cracked black pepper and indulge happily! It’s all good!