Zucchini Lasagne With Cashew Cheese Even Meat-Lovers Will Love (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Recipe)
Whether you're a vegan or not, there is no denying that this meat-free zucchini lasagne is packing some flavor!
For Cashew Cheese…
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water
For Tomato Layer…
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5-6 zucchini, thinly sliced or use mandoline
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare cashew cheese in high-speed blender or food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare tomato sauce layer in the food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- To assemble lasagne, start by creating a layer of zucchini strips on bottom, followed by a layer of halved cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach and cashew cheese.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ideally finishing with a layer of cashew cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top and zucchini layers are soft.
Do you want to hear from some of the leading innovative minds in health and wellness? Tune into The Food Matters Podcast today.