Zucchini Lasagne With Cashew Cheese Even Meat-Lovers Will Love (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Recipe)
Whether you're a vegan or not, there is no denying that this meat-free zucchini lasagne is packing some flavor!
For Cashew Cheese…
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water
For Tomato Layer…
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5-6 zucchini, thinly sliced or use mandoline
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare cashew cheese in high-speed blender or food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare tomato sauce layer in the food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- To assemble lasagne, start by creating a layer of zucchini strips on bottom, followed by a layer of halved cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach and cashew cheese.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ideally finishing with a layer of cashew cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top and zucchini layers are soft.