The humble egg contains powerhouse nutrition. It is a fantastic source of protein (great for snacks when you’re on-the-go), vitamins B2, B12, A, D and E, minerals zinc and phosphorus, and trace elements iodine and selenium. They provide essential fatty acids to assist in hormone production, brain development and metabolic processes. Eggs are also one of the best sources of choline, an essential nutrient needed for metabolism, fat absorption and neurological function.
- Olive oil
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 120g green beans, trimmed, halved
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced thinly
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ½ cup rice/almond/oat milk
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base of a 20cm round or square cake pan.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook sweet potato, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add onion, zucchini, beans and peas and cook for 3 minutes until just tender.
- Combine vegetable mixture, tomato, parsley and eggs in large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Stand 5 minutes before turning out.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.