Vegetarian San Choy Bau
Traditionally San Choy Bau is made with mince, we've swapped the meat for cauliflower rice without compromising on taste!
Using cauliflower rice as in place of meat, will leave you feeling great plus cauliflower is packed with vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin B while also giving you a great source of fiber, manganese and biotin.
This is a super simple and fast dish that you could add any ingredients to, depending on what you have in the fridge.
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Juice of ½ lime
- sea salt to taste
- handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil for pan frying
- 6-10 cos lettuce leaves
What to do
- Make cauliflower rice in food processor but cutting the head of cauliflower into smaller portions, place in the food processor and pulse 2-3 times until cauliflower is cut up finely similar to the size of rice.
- Heat frypan over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the base.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, cauliflower rice, tamari, coconut sugar, and lime juice. Stir- fry until zucchini has broken down and the sauce warmed through. Season with sea salt.
Spoon cauliflower mixture into lettuce leaves and top with cilantro to serve.
Are you looking for the ultimate crash course in nutrition? Discover the free online masterclass and tune in today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!