Wild Rice Quinoa & Mixed Mushroom Salad
Who said salads aren't filling? This earthy salad featuring a warm mix of mushrooms, wild rice and quinoa packs a hearty punch for a side dish!!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp organic butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups assorted fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Prepare rice & quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté until golden.
- Add mushrooms and salt; sauté 3 - 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add ground Marsala and sauté 3 minutes, ensuring the mushroom mixture is well coated.
- Stir mushroom mixture and parsley into prepared rice & quinoa mixture.
What Sides Are You Having With Your Christmas Feast This Year?
Are you looking for the ultimate crash course in nutrition? Discover the free online masterclass and tune in today.