Wild Rice Quinoa & Mixed Mushroom Salad
Who said salads aren't filling? This earthy salad featuring a warm mix of mushrooms, wild rice and quinoa packs a hearty punch for a side dish!!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp organic butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups assorted fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Prepare rice & quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté until golden.
- Add mushrooms and salt; sauté 3 - 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add ground Marsala and sauté 3 minutes, ensuring the mushroom mixture is well coated.
- Stir mushroom mixture and parsley into prepared rice & quinoa mixture.
What Sides Are You Having With Your Christmas Feast This Year?
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!