Zesty Lime Kiwi Gummies
We've been experimenting with grass-fed gelatin lately and researched the role it can play in our health! Gelatin is a form of collagen that comes from the nutrient-dense bones and connective tissues of animals.
Packed with protein, it contains 18 amino acids (both essential and non-essential) that play a critical role in our health. It has been shown to improve gut health and digestion, protect our joints and lower joint pain, help improve the quality of sleep, lift your mood and improve skin health.
The uses of gelatin are endless, so we've been testing out how you can include it into your diet and also your children's! That's when we created these delicious, zesty, little lime gummies. So easy to create and with a taste that will have the kids (and adults) thinking they are eating lollies!
You could mix up this basic recipe using any of your favorite fruits. We've added a boost of our Food Matters Vitamin C , but if you don't have this, just omit it from the recipe.
- 3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 cup liquid (we used filtered water)
- ½ tbsp sweetener of choice (optional: try honey, maple syrup or rice malt syrup)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 kiwi fruit, skin removed
- 1½ tbsp Food Matters Vitamin C (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add all ingredients except the gelatin and Food Matters Vitamin C.
- Stir until simmering.
- Reduce heat and stir in gelatin powder, combining well.
- Remove from heat, allow to slightly cool and stir in Food Matters Vitamin C, if you are adding this.
- Pour mixture into a small, lined, slice dish or small molds.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Remove from slice dish and cut into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Store in container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.