Fritters make a great meal any time of day! Make a big batch, freeze them, and reheat when needed for a quick and easy meal solution!
Why it’s so good for you!
Zucchini and carrot both have a high water content. When paired with protein and fat from the eggs, these fritters make a filling, nourishing meal without that unwanted heavy feeling
WHAT YOU NEED
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, carrot or sweet potato)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped/ grated
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO:
- Grate the zucchinis with the skin on and add some salt. Let the mixture stand for a while you chop the onion.
- Squeeze the veg in order to get rid of excess water, and then mix with the onion, the spices, and the eggs until you have a thick pancake like batter.
- In a frypan heat the oil or butter and fry the batter in batches of 4 small pancake size fritters for about 2 minutes each side on medium heat, or until slightly brown.
- Serve with a tossed green salad dressed with lemon and olive oil.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!