Fritters make a great meal any time of day! Make a big batch, freeze them, and reheat when needed for a quick and easy meal solution!
Why it’s so good for you!
Zucchini and carrot both have a high water content. When paired with protein and fat from the eggs, these fritters make a filling, nourishing meal without that unwanted heavy feeling
WHAT YOU NEED
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, carrot or sweet potato)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped/ grated
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO:
- Grate the zucchinis with the skin on and add some salt. Let the mixture stand for a while you chop the onion.
- Squeeze the veg in order to get rid of excess water, and then mix with the onion, the spices, and the eggs until you have a thick pancake like batter.
- In a frypan heat the oil or butter and fry the batter in batches of 4 small pancake size fritters for about 2 minutes each side on medium heat, or until slightly brown.
- Serve with a tossed green salad dressed with lemon and olive oil.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.