Zucchini Pomodoro (Recipe)
One of our absolute favorites. It’s quick to make and tastes just as good as the regular pasta version, without the heavy feeling post-meal!
Why is it so good for you?
Zucchini provides you with lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that promote healthy eyesight! They’re also a source of magnesium, folate and fiber.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 6 soaked sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 date
- 2 tbsp of parsley or basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Spiralizer or vegetable peeler
- Food processor or blender
What to do
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles or with a peeler, into ribbons and place in a large serving bowl.
- For the sauce, place remaining ingredients in food processor/ blender until smooth.
- To serve, place the zucchini noodles/ ribbons into bowls and pour the raw sauce over the top, just like you would for a bowl of pasta.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.