Zucchini Slice (Recipe)
Such a simple recipe to create and have on hand for those rushed mornings!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 400g zucchini (approximately 2 large zucchini)
- 1 brown onion
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- A pinch each of sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes (or a handful of shredded cheese or chopped feta) 1 large tomato
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease or line a 20 x 20cm baking dish. 2 Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Grate the zucchini and using your hands squeeze out the excess moisture from it. (This step is important to ensure you do not end up with a soggy slice!)
- Add the coconut flour into the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the grated zucchini, onion, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast or cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Thinly slice up the tomato and place the slices evenly on top. 7 Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!