Zucchini Slice (Recipe)
Such a simple recipe to create and have on hand for those rushed mornings!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 400g zucchini (approximately 2 large zucchini)
- 1 brown onion
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- A pinch each of sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes (or a handful of shredded cheese or chopped feta) 1 large tomato
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease or line a 20 x 20cm baking dish. 2 Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Grate the zucchini and using your hands squeeze out the excess moisture from it. (This step is important to ensure you do not end up with a soggy slice!)
- Add the coconut flour into the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the grated zucchini, onion, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast or cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Thinly slice up the tomato and place the slices evenly on top. 7 Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.