Protein, healthy fats and slow-releasing carbohydrates make this an excellent breakfast!
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- Handful cilantro (coriander)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach or chard
- 1 handful soft herbs (parsley, mint, basil)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil or butter in the pan and toss in the greens. Saute on a medium heat until soft.
- In a bowl mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, cayenne, lemon and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked quinoa in with the greens to heat slightly. To serve, place the greens and quinoa mix on the plate and top with the smashed avo.