Are you in need of some serious lunch inspiration? A healthy lunch can be much more than some leafy greens and a tin of tuna! We've put together some of our favorites from Food Matters HQ and the secrets to putting these together ahead of time to avoid soggy spinach!
With a little bit of preparation, it's easy to make healthier choices!
JAR 1: LAKSA IN A JAR
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic chickpeas
- 4 tbsps laksa curry paste (additive & preservative free)
- 1 tin of coconut milk (400 mL)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- handful of spinach
- 1 packet organic kelp or rice noodles
WHAT TO DO
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, place coconut milk, laksa paste and vegetable broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in roasted pumpkin, onion, bell pepper and chickpeas and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and lime juice.
- To serve: Layer your jar with Laksa, noodles, spinach and garnish with coriander leaves.
JAR 2: ITALIAN ZOODLES
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce (we used an organic basil & garlic sauce)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful spinach
- 6-8 black olives
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
WHAT TO DO
- Prepare your zoodles using a spiralizer. If you don't have one, a vegetable peeler works well to create thicker zoodles.
- Layer your lunch by starting with the sauce on the bottom of your jar, followed by your zoodles and topped with olives, tomatoes & spinach.
- Just before eating, add a small amount of boiling water and mix well.
JAR 3: SOBA NOODLE & ROASTED PUMPKIN SALAD
- Soba noodles (we used quinoa soba noodles)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin
- 1/4 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot
- 3 small radishes, sliced thinly
- small handful spinach
- 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- a thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp raw honey
WHAT TO DO
- Prepare your salad vegetables.
- Soak noodles in boiling water as per instructions on the packet.
- In the bottom of your add your dressing ingredients, continue to layer the ingredients starting with the noodles, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot, radishes and spinach.
- Before enjoying, gently shake to coat your salad with the dressing and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.