3 Healthy Meals You Can Make In Under 10 Minutes
Not many people would believe us when we say these 3 meals could be made in under 10 minutes, so we filmed them in the Food Matters Kitchen to show you just how easy and quick it can be to create some 10-minute wonders!
NORI BREAKFAST WRAP
- 1 sheet nori
- 1 egg
- handful of parsley
- 1 tsp organic butter or coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- Handful of soft greens (spinach, arugula/rocket, bitter greens)
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan to medium temperature, then add a small amount of butter or coconut oil to the pan.
- Whisk egg in a bowl with chopped parsley and pour into the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute. Flip and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the avocado into slices.
- Lay the nori sheet onto a cutting board, drape the cooled egg in a line, cover with the avocado slices, greens, and the yogurt (for better digestion).
- Roll up, cut in two and eat immediately in order for the nori not to go soggy.
MASON JAR SALAD
Lemon & Herb Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small carrot, cubed or shredded
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ small Lebanese cucumber
- ½ an avocado, cubed
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Handful of leafy greens
- Nuts & seeds
- Prepare all ingredients and layer in a large mason jar.
ZUCCHINI ZOODLES WITH AVOCADO PESTO
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels to soak up any excess water.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto. Season with cracked pepper and a little Parmesan or nutritional yeast .