Probiotics! Yogurt's full of them and they're good for your digestion. This is the simplest yogurt recipe ever. Buy a few coconuts and you're 50% there. It's Raw, Vegan, Yogurt folks. Just watch this video and you'll be halfway to healthy digestion.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 young coconuts
- 1 cup fresh coconut water (or just water)
- 1-2 high quality refrigerated probiotic capsules ( Mega Flora brand is good)
- Toppings (optional): jam, granola, fresh berries
- Sterilize all your tools, bowls, and blender by boiling them or washing them in very hot water.
- Open your coconuts, set the water aside, and scoop out the meat with the back of your spoon.
- Placed the cleaned meat (no brown husk) in a blender, and add water a little at a time until it becomes a thick creamy consistency (side note: the blending heats up the mixture which the probiotics are gonna love).
Add this mixture to a glass bowl, then add in probiotic capsules and mix.
IMPORTANT: Be sure not to use metal anything at this point, as it will affect the probiotics. (We are doing this manually in a bowl because the blender has a metal blade).
- Cover your mixture with cheesecloth and a rubber band, and place in a cool, dark place for 24-48 hours until it is no longer sweet and tastes like sour yogurt.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .