Probiotics! Yogurt's full of them and they're good for your digestion. This is the simplest yogurt recipe ever. Buy a few coconuts and you're 50% there. It's Raw, Vegan, Yogurt folks. Just watch this video and you'll be halfway to healthy digestion.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 young coconuts
- 1 cup fresh coconut water (or just water)
- 1-2 high quality refrigerated probiotic capsules ( Mega Flora brand is good)
- Toppings (optional): jam, granola, fresh berries
- Sterilize all your tools, bowls, and blender by boiling them or washing them in very hot water.
- Open your coconuts, set the water aside, and scoop out the meat with the back of your spoon.
- Placed the cleaned meat (no brown husk) in a blender, and add water a little at a time until it becomes a thick creamy consistency (side note: the blending heats up the mixture which the probiotics are gonna love).
Add this mixture to a glass bowl, then add in probiotic capsules and mix.
IMPORTANT: Be sure not to use metal anything at this point, as it will affect the probiotics. (We are doing this manually in a bowl because the blender has a metal blade).
- Cover your mixture with cheesecloth and a rubber band, and place in a cool, dark place for 24-48 hours until it is no longer sweet and tastes like sour yogurt.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!