A beginners guide to Matcha -A Total Superfood
Matcha is basically green tea leaves in powdered form. The Japanese have been enjoying it in traditional tea ceremonies for centuries. You can enjoy it in a mug of warm water like a tea, warm milk similar to a latte, nutritious smoothies, or healthy homemade baked goods. You would have to drink a total of 10 cups of regular green tea to achieve the nutritional potency of just 1 serving of Matcha because with Matcha powder you are actually consuming the entire leaf and all its goodness. Matcha has a pleasant earthy flavor with a surprisingly sweet aftertaste that lingers on your palate, making it the perfect daily go to drink of choice.
Some Benefits Of Drinking Matcha On A Daily Basis
- Extremely high levels of antioxidants to combat free radicals in the body, which can damage tissue cells and DNA, causing pre-mature ageing and increased risk of disease
- Revs up the metabolism for efficient fat burning, natural weight loss assistance, and healthy body weight management
- Due to its high chlorophyll content, which gives Matcha its beautiful deep green color, it is a cleansing and detoxifying drink, purifying the blood and flushing out unwanted toxins from the body
- It acts like a high quality daily multi-vitamin / multi-mineral supplement: a good source of Vitamin C, which supports a strong immune system, as well as important minerals including selenium, zinc and magnesium
- It contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can improve mood and concentration, while decreasing anxiety and stress, giving you a perfectly balanced state of relaxed alertness (making it a healthy substitute for coffee)
- Helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, which can prevent conditions like diabetes, and enhance longevity
- Matcha green tea powder is much lower in caffeine than coffee (which is an powerful stimulant), so it provides a steady release of long lasting energy without drastically spiking your cortisol levels like coffee can, which can wreck havoc on your adrenal glands with excessive or long term use, where you end up crashing later in the day
- Overall, regular Matcha consumption can help to decrease the likelihood of disease, chronic illness, sickness, pre-mature aging, mood imbalances, cognitive decline, and possibly cancer, while promoting improved health and vitality
How To Make It
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 8 ounces water at 175 degrees fahrenheit
- Add the Matcha powder to your favorite tea mug or cup
- Slowly add a little bit of the hot water to mix into a paste like consistency
- Add more hot water to fill your mug up to the desired level, stirring as you do so
- Whisk until frothy and well mixed
- Drink and enjoy
Try mixing matcha with water in your blender to create a frothy drink. You can also experiment with adding homemade nut milk (see link below) or pure coconut milk (see link below) for added creaminess, or even a little raw local honey for a hint of natural sweetness.
Are you ready for the ultimate reset? Find out more about the Food Matters Juice Detox.