Almond & Chia Seed Bread
ADD TO MY RECIPES
This gluten-free almond and chia seed bread is great to have on hand for snacks and breakfast! Rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked in 30 mls of water (or you can simply put them into the dry mix and add water to the overall recipe if you don't have the time to soak the seeds))
- 30ml water (this is used to soak the chia seeds - do this whilst preparing the dry mix)
- 3/4 cups arrowroot or tapioca
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb (baking soda)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or use lemon juice if you cannot have vinegar)
- 3 eggs
- pinch salt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Soak chia seeds in water whilst preparing the dry mix in a bowl. Stir to make sure the seeds are in the water
- Sift arrowroot and bi-carb (baking soda) into bowl
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients to help break up lumps and distribute ingredients evenly
- Add eggs, soaked chia seeds and apple cider vinegar
- Combine everything well until there are no lumps (about 30 seconds of whisking) don't be tempted to add any liquid - this mix is meant to be thick
- Pour mix into a baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper or a silicon bread mold lightly oiled with olive oil
- REMEMBER: This is a small loaf - a single mix - it won't rise and rise like traditional bread so you need to use a small baking mold to "force" the rise - a small stainless steel pudding bowl (mixing bowl) lined with baking paper works a real treat.
- For a big loaf: You will need to double the mix and bake in a loaf tin or 20 cm or smaller cake tin (lined with non-stick baking paper)
- Bake for 25 minutes until the bread is firm (single loaf) to the touch and bounces back when lightly pressed.
- The top will be golden in color and firm to the touch.
- Remove bread from the oven and turn out onto a cooking rack.
- Adjust cooking time to 35 minutes if cooking a double mix (larger loaf)
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.