Weeknight dinner inspiration: Eggplant Bruschetta! Easy dinners don't have to be boring. This throw together one-pan wonder is perfect for those mid-week dinners when you need something quick and easy.
- 1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 2 cm (1 inch) thick slices
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cheese of choice - mozzarella, parmesan, cashew cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange eggplants on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Set aside while you put everything together - the salt will help absorb moisture which will allow the eggplant to bake nicely.
- To make your bruschetta mix, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Drizzle both sides of the eggplant with olive oil, top with cheese of choice and spoon bruschetta mix on top.
- Bake eggplant for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Garnish with basil and serve warm.