Baked Eggplant Bruschetta
Weeknight dinner inspiration: Eggplant Bruschetta! Easy dinners don't have to be boring. This throw together one-pan wonder is perfect for those mid-week dinners when you need something quick and easy.
- 1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 2 cm (1 inch) thick slices
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cheese of choice - mozzarella, parmesan, cashew cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange eggplants on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Set aside while you put everything together - the salt will help absorb moisture which will allow the eggplant to bake nicely.
- To make your bruschetta mix, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Drizzle both sides of the eggplant with olive oil, top with cheese of choice and spoon bruschetta mix on top.
- Bake eggplant for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Garnish with basil and serve warm.
Pantry shelves need topping up with all the good stuff? Shop our staples here .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!