Basil & Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Crumb
Are you searching for a scrumptious, satisfying, savory vegan treat? This ticks all those boxes - and more! They make a great starter or side dish (but it's understandable if you just want to make a meal of them!).
- 4-6 large mushrooms or 1 cup small mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil, reserve some for topping
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- In a frypan over medium heat, sauté onion until soft and brown, adding in garlic, chopped walnuts, and fresh basil.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl mix together almond meal, nutritional yeast, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Line mushrooms on baking tray and stuff with the basil and walnut mixture.
- Top with almond crumb mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.