Basil & Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Crumb
Are you searching for a scrumptious, satisfying, savory vegan treat? This ticks all those boxes - and more! They make a great starter or side dish (but it's understandable if you just want to make a meal of them!).
- 4-6 large mushrooms or 1 cup small mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil, reserve some for topping
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- In a frypan over medium heat, sauté onion until soft and brown, adding in garlic, chopped walnuts, and fresh basil.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl mix together almond meal, nutritional yeast, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Line mushrooms on baking tray and stuff with the basil and walnut mixture.
- Top with almond crumb mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!