Before You Buy Bread Again... Make This! (Gluten-Free Recipe)
Do you miss having bread? There's something about soft, moist, warm fresh bread that brings back memories. Whether you are gluten-free, paleo or just want a healthier option to regular bread, you must try this recipe!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups (200 g) almond meal
- 2/3 cup (85 g) tapioca starch/arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Loaf tin
- 2 x mixing bowls
What to do
- Preheat oven to 355º F (180º C) and line a loaf tin with parchment paper 2) Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and pour into loaf tin.
- Place the loaf tin in the oven for 30 to 40 mins or until golden brown on top and cooked through. Place a skewer in the centre of the bread and when the skewer comes out clean, the bread is ready.
A great alternative to store bought bread! Use for breakfasts, lunches and snacks. Toasted or untoasted this bread is great with sweet or savory toppings.