Blueberry Chia Bowl with Caramelized Sesame Bananas
Need a new 'go-to' breakfast? One that's full of fiber, healthy fats, gluten-free, and utterly delicious? Get around this Food Matters chia bowl with blueberry and caramelized bananas.
For the chia bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
For the caramelized banana
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ABC nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- Mash the thawed blueberries with a fork then add plant-based milk, chia seeds, cardamom, nutmeg, and sea salt, stir to combine, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- To make the caramelized bananas, heat coconut oil, and maple syrup in a frypan then add in the sesame seeds, almonds, and walnuts, stirring until they start to become sticky.
- Make room in the center of the nut mixture in the frypan and place the banana slices there. Heat for just a minute on each side or until they begin to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Serve the blueberry chia in a large bowl, top with coconut yogurt, and the bananas in the middle.
- Drizzle sticky nut mixture over the bananas then top with nut butter.
If you have been struggling to make healthy meals for yourself, find the kitchen an overwhelming place, or are just lacking meal inspiration, then join us for the 21-Day Clean Eating Program . The next group intake starts April, 5th.