Blueberry Chia Bowl with Caramelized Sesame Bananas
Need a new 'go-to' breakfast? One that's full of fiber, healthy fats, gluten-free, and utterly delicious? Get around this Food Matters chia bowl with blueberry and caramelized bananas.
For the chia bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
For the caramelized banana
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ABC nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- Mash the thawed blueberries with a fork then add plant-based milk, chia seeds, cardamom, nutmeg, and sea salt, stir to combine, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- To make the caramelized bananas, heat coconut oil, and maple syrup in a frypan then add in the sesame seeds, almonds, and walnuts, stirring until they start to become sticky.
- Make room in the center of the nut mixture in the frypan and place the banana slices there. Heat for just a minute on each side or until they begin to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Serve the blueberry chia in a large bowl, top with coconut yogurt, and the bananas in the middle.
- Drizzle sticky nut mixture over the bananas then top with nut butter.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.