Food Matters Breakfast Tacos
I’ll never forget the day I heard the words that changed my life. It was right here in the Food Matters office, and they came from one of our community members. “If you think about it, a taco really is the perfectly balanced meal - good proteins, yummy veggies as carbs, and healthy fats.” Ever since, I’ve been on a mission to prove them right.
Here’s our Food Matters take on Breakfast Tacos, I hope they change your life as much as they did mine.
For the tacos
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped thinly
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- A pinch of unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Salsa Verde
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- Healthy Gluten-Free Wraps or Tortillas
- In a small frypan, heat 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the scallions and tomatoes and saute until slightly softened. Add the eggs, cook for a few seconds then stir through to mix in the scallions and tomatoes. Continue to cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- Assemble the tacos with a scoop of egg scramble on your cooked gluten-free wraps, topped with sliced avocado and a drizzle of salsa verde.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.