Want to stay gluten-free over the holidays but don’t want to miss out on one of the tastiest parts of your feast? We’ve created a gluten-free stuffing without compromising the flavor. Perfect for your turkey or as a side!
- 1 cup red rice
- 1½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 large celery stick, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 Medjool dates
- Pinch of nutmeg, paprika & cumin
- Salt and pepper to season
Great to make a day ahead!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine rice and stock in a saucepan. Bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 min or until almost all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice kernels have begun to pop open.
- In a large saucepan, heat up 2 tbsp of your oil of choice - butter, olive or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add your onions, carrots, celery and herbs and cook for 5-7 min until they begin to soften and go translucent. 5. Add your mushrooms, zucchini and garlic and cook down for another 5 min. Meanwhile, remove the pits from the dates and mince finely.
- You may need to add some stock to your mix at this point and also add in your dates and stir. Remove from heat and mix in your rice.
- In a medium-sized casserole dish, oil the bottom and sides and pour in your stuffing. Cover with foil and bake for 35 min. After this time, remove the foil, increase oven temp to 375 and bake for another 10 minutes.
What's On Your Christmas Menu This Year?
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.