Healthy Hot Cross Muffins (Easter Recipe)
All of the flavor of the hot cross buns without the fuss of proving your buns first ;-) Easy!
- 3 gluten free flour mix (or 1 ½ cup almond meal with 1 ½ cup brown rice flour)
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup dried fruit (we used ½ cup currants & ½ cup sultanas)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs (or flax / chia seed egg)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Soak dried fruit, drain and pat dry.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients then combine both.
- Divide mixture between muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sift 1/2 cup of brown rice flour into a bowl and add 1/4 cup of water, mix to form a paste. You may need to add a touch more water to make the mixture a thick, but still fluid consistency. Fill into a small ziplock bag and then cut a hole across the corner. Use this to pipe crosses onto the top of each bun before baking.
What Are You Creating For Easter?
Are you searching for the latest in health & wellness? Stay up to date with our most recent articles.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!