Honey & Tamari Poke Bowl
The cult fave, Hawaiian Poke Bowl, has made a big splash in the foodie space! Here's what you need to make your own at home!
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 150 g wild-caught salmon or tuna, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
EXTRAS FOR SERVING
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned or thinly sliced
- ¼-½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ avocado, diced or sliced
- In a small bowl, add sliced cucumber pieces, mustard seeds and rice-wine vinegar. Allow to soak while you prepare the rest of your bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together tamari, honey, ginger, rice-wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Cube the salmon or tuna into even cubes, approximately 1cm x 1cm. Add cubed salmon to the tamari and honey dressing and allow to marinade for 8-10 minutes.
- While the salmon or tuna marinades, prep the rest of your bowl ingredients and assemble.
- Top with poke salmon and avocado.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!